Trying to go from couch potato to somewhat of an active person? Assuming you have no injuries that may limit your capabilities to perform the following exercises. Here are 8 basic exercises that are GREAT for beginners!
- Bench Squats: Like a regular squat except you sit on a bench before coming back off. It helps minimize a lot of the common errors people do not realize when they are performing a Squat off the bench. You can add weight to a bench squat for increased difficulty.
- Reverse Lunges: The reason I start everyone off with Reverse Lunges versus Forward lunges is because your knee is at a decreased risk of injury even if done incorrectly.
- Lateral Lunges: Lateral Lunges are great for strengthening your postural muscle, the transverse abdominus, as well as all three muscles in your glutes, hamstrings, quads, and soleus.
4. Bicep Curls: Simple and very difficult to mess up
5. Military Press: Military Press target your upper pectoral muscles, deltoids, middle and lower trapezius, and your triceps
6. Walking: A great Beginner’s Cardio
7. Lateral Raise
Learn more about the best online fitness program which includes comprehensive programs focused on shifting towards healthier eating habits, staying fit, and building a better booty. You’ll also find a variety of fitness apparel to help get you that extra motivation to take your goals to another level. Contact me today to learn more about the best fitness programs available to get your body in gear.