Ultimately weight loss is about calories in vs calories out. Your total daily intake cannot be more than what your body burns from performing your daily activity. Here are 5 foods that are not only low calorie, but also PACKED with nutrients that may help you on your weight loss journey.
- Celery: A stalk of celery is roughly 3 calories. It’s calorie coming from .5g of carbohydrates. The great part about celery is that despite being low calorie it is a great source of natural sodium, potassium, calcium, and vitamin C!
- Spinach: 1 cup of spinach is only about 7 calories and has more nutrients that lettuce! The calories in 1 cup of spinach come from about 1.1g of carbohydrates, .9g of protein, and .1g of fat. Spinach is another great source of sodium, potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, and Iron
- Kiwi: 2 Kiwis are about 100 calories coming from 24g of carbohydrates (natural sugars and fibers), 1 g of fat, and 2 gram of protein. Sprinkle some seeds on those slices and you have a refreshing snack! Anyways, kiwis are a great source of protein, vitamin A, vitamin C, Calcium, and Iron
- Green Bell Peppers: 1 cup of green bell peppers has 18 calories from about 4.3 grams of carbs, .2g fat, and 1 gram of protein. It is loaded with potassium, vitamin A, more Vitamin C than your average orange, and has some sodium.
- Mushrooms: 1 cup of mushrooms has about 44 calories coming from 6.6 grams of carbs, .6 grams of fat, and 6.2 grams of protein! Mushrooms are a great source of Calcium, Iron, potassium, and sodium.
Learn more about the best online fitness program which includes comprehensive programs focused on shifting towards healthier eating habits, staying fit, and building a better booty. You’ll also find a variety of fitness apparel to help get you that extra motivation to take your goals to another level. Contact me today to learn more about the best fitness programs available to get your body in gear.